Current ETSN Program Updates due to Corona Virus
Updated Oct. 30, 2020
Spay Neuter Assistance
😷 We ask you to please wear a mask while engaging with ETSN volunteers. Low cost - low income spay/neuter signups every Saturday, from 10am to 12 noon at the ETSN Purrple Bus. Remember too, you can also have your pets vaccinated during their scheduled surgery at minimal cost. Self-transport option: When you signup and get your certificate, you must call the MBM clinic to make your own appointment.
NOTICE: S/N ASSISTANCE AT THE BUS WILL BE CLOSED ON OCT. 31st & DEC. 26th, 2020
MBM shuttle from Elizabethton to and from the clinic in Bristol, VA. 2020 TRANSPORTS HAVE RETURNED! Now booking for:
December 9th 6:15 a.m.
Self or shuttle transport spay/neuter vouchers issued with an expiration date of March 25th or later will be extended. Please contact us if this applies to you. You will not forfeit your money.
🚨 If you have a spay/neuter EMERGENCY and are a low-income family in Carter County, TN please call Robin with CCHS directly at (423) 957-0243
🚨 NEW! If you have outside feral cats or community cats that you are feeding who need to be fixed, please call the Elizabethton/Carter County Animal Shelter at: (423) 547-6359
Pet Food Pantry *Currently closed to new applicants
😷 Renewals are held the first Friday of every month from Noon to 1pm outside the ETSN Purrple Bus in the Elizabethton Tractor Supply parking lot. Please bring your Carter County ID and your most current proof of low income with you. (Family household combined $25K or less)
On distribution days, please be kind and wear a mask when approached by one of our volunteers. We will wear one for you! Please stay in your vehicles, we will come to you. Have your PFP ID and your clean buckets ready.
🚨 If you have an emergency pet food need please contact:
Appalachia: Mission Pawsible at (423) 398-3380 or
Friends of Elizabethton/ Carter County Animal Shelter at (423) 676-3061
Critter Care Cruiser RV
😷 Due to COVID, we are asking that all clients wear a mask when engaging in business with any of our volunteers. We will all wear one for you! Currently, our program will allow only your pets onboard the Cruiser. You will be asked to come to the window to speak with the veterinarian during your pets exam.
NEW! Our winter hours go into effect on Dec. 5th. 10am to 12 noon. We will accept patients up until 11:30am so please get there early. Total number of pets seen for the day will be limited to 23. Please remember, we only have ONE vet! See our Critter Care Cruiser page for complete calendar of dates through the end of March 2021.
PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT CATCH THE CORONA VIRUS FROM YOUR PETS!
🐾💜😷 Hello friends! We are so excited to get back to helping you all! With the more relaxed memorandums from our governor regarding COVID-19 protocols, we at ETSN would like to offer some safety guidelines we will be following. ETSN staff are all willingly volunteering our time for you and your pets! So when you come to an ETSN program event, please help us and do the following, because no one can afford to get sick. Healthy pets, healthy people!
* Wear a mask if you have one. If you do not have one, we will happily provide you with one. All ETSN staff will be required to wear one.
(A side note on masks; they can be scary to your pets! Try wearing one at home around them to get them ready for seeing people like the veterinarian with them on first so it WON'T be so scary!)
* Please stand 6 feet or more away from other people if you get out of your car and have to come to the table, door, or window.
* Bring your own pens to write with, and perhaps something like a magazine to put behind our forms if you fill them out in your car (we won't be using clipboards).
* Be sure your cell phone is charged, you know your number, and keep it with you.
* Make sure your dogs collars and leashes are secure. Make sure your cats carrier latches and door are secure (zip ties work great).
* One human at a time, during program transactions. Other family members, older children, or drivers, please wait in the car.
* Currently, we will be conducting business with the public outside of the ETSN Purrple Bus and the Critter Care Cruiser RV. Staff only is allowed inside at this time.
* Be patient, courteous, and kind to our volunteers and one another as we work out the kinks to our program modifications.
We will be working with a skeleton staff of volunteers so please be kind to them and thank them for being on the front lines to help you and your pets. It is our wish to see everyone remain healthy and practice good safety protocols. Stay home, and enjoy the time with your pets!
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.
Email: or Phone: 423-289-5548 (no text)
Please leave a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as possible!