Current ETSN Program Updates due to Corona Virus
Updated June 2, 2020
Spay Neuter Assistance
😷We will return to doing low cost - low income spay/neuter signups for self-transport only starting on Saturday, May 23rd from 10am to 12 noon at the ETSN Purrple Bus. Remember too, you can also have your pets vaccinated during their scheduled surgery at minimal cost. Margaret B. Mitchell Spay Neuter Clinic is currently closed until Monday, June 8th and will reopen with safety measures in place. You can still call them or visit their website to make an appointment.
😷 ALL MBM shuttle transports from Elizabethton to and from the clinic in Bristol, VA. have been cancelled until August. Self-transport is currently the only option until further notice.
😷 Self or shuttle transport spay/neuter vouchers issued with an expiration date of March 25th or later will be extended until August 30th. Please contact us if this applies to you. You will not forfeit your money.
🚨 If you have a spay/neuter EMERGENCY and are a low-income family in Carter County, TN please call Robin with CCHS directly at (423) 957-0243
Pet Food Pantry
😷 Open enrollment and renewals return Friday, June 5th from Noon to 1pm outside the ETSN Purrple Bus in the Elizabethton Tractor Supply parking lot. Please bring your Carter County ID and your most current proof of low income with you. (Family household combined $25K or less)
🚨 If you have an emergency pet food need please contact:
Appalachia: Mission Pawsible at (423) 398-3380
Friends of Elizabethton/ Carter County Animal Shelter at (423) 676-3061
Critter Care Cruiser RV
😷 We plan to pick up our scheduled Cruiser calendar dates for low cost vaccinations and wellness on June 6th with the first stop being Roan Mtn. Community Park 10-2pm with some new safety modifications in place and will be using "curbside service" protocols.
PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT CATCH THE CORONAVIRUS FROM YOUR PETS!
🐾💜😷 Hello friends! We are so excited to get back to helping you all! With the more relaxed memorandums from our governor regarding COVID-19 protocols, we at ETSN would like to offer some safety guidelines we will be following. ETSN staff are all willingly volunteering our time for you and your pets! So when you come to an ETSN program event, please help us and do the following, because no one can afford to get sick. Healthy pets, healthy people!
* Wear a mask if you have one. All ETSN staff will be required to wear one.
(A side note on masks; they can be scary to your pets! Try wearing one at home around them to get them ready for seeing people like the veterinarian with them on first so it WON'T be so scary!)
* Please stand 6 feet or more away from other people if you get out of your car and have to come to the table, door, or window.
* Bring your own pens to write with, and perhaps something like a magazine to put behind our forms if you fill them out in your car (we won't be using clipboards).
* Be sure your cell phone is charged, you know your number, and keep it with you.
* Make sure your dogs collars and leashes are secure. Make sure your cats carrier latches and door are secure (zip ties work great).
* One human at a time, during program transactions. Other family members, older children, or drivers, please wait in the car.
* Currently, we will be conducting business with the public outside of the ETSN Purrple Bus and the Critter Care Cruiser RV. Staff only is allowed inside at this time.
* Be patient, courteous, and kind to our volunteers and one another as we work out the kinks to our program modifications.
We will be working with a skeleton staff of volunteers so please be kind to them and thank them for being on the front lines to help you and your pets. It is our wish to see everyone remain healthy and practice good safety protocols. Stay home, and enjoy the time with your pets!
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.
Email: or Phone: 423-289-5548 (no text)
Please leave a detailed message and we will get right back to you!