Wags and Purrs to our Sponsors:
Other Friends of ETSN:
- Big John's Closeouts: Owners Mike and Lynne Barnett are great supporters of ETSN and the Elizabethton Shelter, as well as many other community groups. They've got great prices on all kinds of building and remodeling supplies. Check them out, and support a terrific locally owned and operated business!
- Camp Ruff-n-More: One of the coolest dog daycare and boarding places around. They've got a fantastic set-up and a solid reputation. So nice, you might want to stay there WITH your dog for vacation!
- Cantech Industries, Johnson City, TN Manufacturers of all kinds of tape.
- Elizabethton Federal Bank, Elizabethton, TN Located in Carter County, Tennessee, Elizabethton Federal Savings Bank has been serving the communities of Northeast Tennessee and the Tri-Cities since 1937. With branch offices in Carter County, Johnson County and Washington County, Tennessee.
- Robert L. Weaver, CPA, Johnson City, TN Adrienne Weaver is ETSN's accountant--and has helped us many times to navigate safely through the tangle of non-profit red tape. They're all great people and pet lovers at Weaver's!
Other Friends of ETSN:
- Animal Defense League of Washington County, VA, Abingdon, VA Linda Fritsch and the rest of our friends at ADL have been a source of constant support for our low-cost spay-neuter program and pet food pantry. Even though they are in southwest Virginia, they graciously provide grant money to reduce the cost for our lowest income pet owners here in Carter County. They've also donated many bags of food to help feed those pets. We are so grateful for their help!
- Home at Last Dog Rescue Located in North Wales, PA, Home at Last helps find terrific new homes for dogs of any breed. They also donated several pallets of food for our pet food pantry in late 2014--what a helping paw!
- Smoky Mountains Bulldog Club: Our good friend and rescue transport driver Bonnie Rogers is a member of SMBD. They do a great job of rescuing, fostering, and rehoming English Bulldogs. If you're gaga over Bullies, check them out!
- Wagging Dog Transport, Hampton, PA David Bourke and the gang at Wagging Dog help lots and lots of shelter pets in the South get to their new homes in the North, in comfort and safety. They're so good, they are the only transport contracted by North Shore Animal League!
- Alley Cat Allies: This national group works to improve the lives of feral cats through a series of programs. They provide education and assistance for anyone wishing to start a trap/spay/return program, as well as connections and help for humanely dealing with the feral cat population.
- American Anti-Vivisection Society: This group is one of the oldest in the US. They've been fighting the use of animals in research and education since 1883. They not only provide a sanctuary for lab animals, but they work tirelessly to develop viable alternatives to using animals for experimentation.
- ASPCA American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a national organization dedicated to improving the lives of animals. They provide a wealth of information and support for pet owners, rescue groups, and shelters, as well as grants for animal welfare projects.
- Doggone Safe: Check out their great video and other information to learn to interpret canine body language and how to avoid being bitten. Also on our Education page.
- Expertise.com: This group puts together all kinds of informational guides prepared by experts in their field. They have a great one called Home Safety Guide for Pet Owners. It even has suggestions for exotic pets and being prepared for natural disasters.
- Humane Society of the U.S.: Another national education group, the HSUS has an extensive website with lots of information about their many programs to benefit animals. There are many links to other helpful sites, and you can download educational materials as well. They are currently offering a $5000 reward for information leading to the arrest of dog fighting rings.
- National Humane Education Society has tons of educational material and programs available, especially for schools. Their website gives you access to lots of free materials.
- National Anti Vivisection Society: Their mission is Advancing Science without Harming Animals. Their Sanctuary Fund gave us a $5,000 grant in July of 2015 to support our Pet Food Pantry! Their website is chock full of great information about cruelty free education and shopping.
- Find the breed that’s perfect for you with the "DOG MATCHING SYSTEM" Go to: www.PetYourDog.com, scroll down to the cute puppy, and take the quiz! Also on our Education page.
- SafeStars: Pet Safety Information for at home and while you're traveling.
- And one more place to check out information and links to travel safely with your pet: www.titleproloans.com/resources/pets-and-car-travel-safety/